There are few issues extra satisfying than a good-for-you cookie. As health-conscious individuals, we forego junk meals and added sugars however many people nonetheless crave sweets. That’s why it’s so good to return throughout a recipe that makes us really feel good, bodily and mentally whereas catering to our cravings. The coconut cookies that observe are wealthy in fiber, protein, and wholesome fats whereas containing few carbohydrates. As such, they’re ketogenic.
Here’s all the great things you possibly can count on within the recipe under.
Coconut and coconut oil: nutritious medium-chain fats that helps digestion and coronary heart and mind perform. What’s extra, shredded coconut comprises vital fiber, iron, magnesium, and nutritional vitamins B6 and C. Eating coconut boosts the metabolism (making it a sensible choice for breakfast), with implications for weight reduction.
Sunflower seeds: all seeds include wholesome fat and are wealthy in minerals, nutritional vitamins, and fiber. Sunflower seeds are a wealthy supply of protein and vitamin E, vitamin D, selenium, calcium, thiamine, phosphorus, and magnesium.
Protein powder: If you’re not a daily consumer of protein powder, click here for some factors to think about when selecting one. Most include both whey (dairy) or soy so learn the labels to keep away from any meals sensitivities. Additionally, most commercial soy is genetically modified, so search for a model that’s non-GMO. For higher style and texture, look in direction of hemp or pumpkin seed protein powder.
Honey: a true superfood, wealthy in minerals and a fancy dietary profile that you just don’t get in a variety of different meals. Opt for uncooked, unpasteurized, native honey if you will get it.
Vanilla: created from orchids, vanilla has been used as a flavoring for millennia. It’s additionally rumored to be a potent aphrodisiac.
High Protein Coconut Cookies
This recipe makes roughly 18 cookies.
- 1 ½ cups shredded coconut
- ½ cup sunflower seeds – uncooked, unsalted
- ½ cup protein powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1/8 cup filtered water
- Preheat oven to 300°
- Roughly chop sunflower (or different) seeds or nuts in a blender/meals processor/chopper into small chunks.
- Place all components into a big bowl and stir collectively till blended. If the batter is simply too dry, add one other tablespoon of melted coconut oil and/or a little bit extra water till of batter consistency.
- Drop dough by heaping teaspoon onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Gently press the cookie dough with a fork to flatten.
- Bake for about Quarter-hour or till golden brown.
- Cool for 10-Quarter-hour earlier than having fun with.
Coconut Whipped Cream
Use this to make a filling, if desired.
- 2 14-oz. cans full-fat natural coconut milk
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon, nutmeg, or 1½ tablespoons uncooked cocoa (non-compulsory)
- 1-2 tablespoons uncooked honey or maple syrup (non-compulsory)
- Refrigerate the coconut milk for no less than 24 hours earlier than use to get the proper texture. When prepared to make use of, take away from the fridge and scoop off the cream on the prime and spoon the into a calming glass mixing bowl.
- Add vanilla and any non-compulsory components.
- Use a high-powered whip on excessive till it reaches desired consistency.
- Spread between 2 cooled coconut protein cookies and press collectively to make a sandwich.
- Refrigerate any unused cream for as much as 7 days.
Here’s methods to make the coconut cookies work on your food regimen.
- If you’re diabetic, it’s possible you’ll think about using natural stevia as an alternative of honey to scale back the glycemic load. One-quarter of a cup of honey roughly equates to ½ teaspoon of powdered or liquid stevia.
- Vegan can change the honey with maple syrup in a 1:1 ratio in both recipe.
- You can substitute sunflower seeds for pumpkin (or some other) seeds, making for a considerably lumpier cookie. Alternatively, you need to use 2 cups of shredded coconut and skip the seeds completely.
- You may adapt the recipe
You can get pleasure from these high-protein, low carb cookies for breakfast or as a wholesome snack. If you have got kids, wrap them in wax paper for do-it-yourself vegan ice cream sandwich.